Welcome to Reception!
Teachers: Mrs McKerrow and Mrs Savage
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Kehn-Alafun, Mrs Lowe, Mrs Fitzgerald and Mrs Dallimore
Our topic this term is:
Out at Sea
- Mrs McKerrow’s class will have P.E. on a THURSDAY morning. Please make sure your child’s P.E. kit has daps or suitable footwear, shorts and the T-shirt to match the colour of your child’s house.
- Mrs Savage’s class will have Forest School on a THURSDAY morning. Your child needs Wellies, coat, hat, and please apply suncream before school. The school have their own waterproof trousers and coats that the children will use.
- Reading books will be changed on a MONDAY and a THURSDAY as long as the reading record has been signed.
- Spellings (if applicable) will be tested once a week. Please do not practise in the spelling book as this is used for the tests as well as a mean for you to see how well they have done.
- Please look out for any spare school clothes and bring them back to school.
Checklist for parents
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, sun hats, sun cream.
- Please bring in your child’s book back with book, reading record and sound keyring in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school.
- As the warmer weather sets in please ensure you send your child into school with sun cream already applied and with their named sun hats.
In Reception we value your contribution to your child’s learning. If you have something WOW you would like to share with us, then please fill in a WOW voucher to share with the class.
Important dates this term
- Parent Book Look – 2.50pm – 3.30pm, Thursday 21st June
- Sports Day – 9am, Tuesday 3rd July
- Good news assembly – 8.45am, Monday 23rd July
Out at Sea
- This half term we are setting sail and exploring what is out at sea.
- We are going to be diving into the sea and exploring what we can see and we will be learning about the different marine creatures and habitats.
- We will also be going back in time and looking at how pirates explored the seven seas and we will also be looking at pirate ships and their features.
- We also have an exciting trip planned on Tuesday 19th June to Bristol Aquarium where we will be going on a guided tour to see and learn about the different marine life that live in the different oceans around the world.