Welcome to Reception!
Wren Class: Mrs McKerrow (Monday, Tuesday, Friday), Miss Stockwell (Wednesday, Thursday) and Mrs Kehn-Alafun
Robin Class: Miss Stacey and Mrs Lowe
Our topic this term is:
- Flu immunisations will take place on Thursday 1st November
Checklist for parents:
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, coats etc.
- Please bring in your child’s book bag with their book or reading strips, their reading record and sound keyrings in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school (starting after the October half term).
- Children will be carrying out their learning indoors and outdoors so please ensure they have their coats in school.
- P.E. will take place every Thursday this half term so please ensure your child has their P.E. kit in school.
Important dates this term
- Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th November – parents evening
- Monday 12th November – wear odd socks day, anti-bullying week
- Friday 16th November – children in need – non-uniform day, £1 donation
- 19th November – road safety week
- Friday 14th December – Christmas jumper/accessories/colours day, £1 donation
- Friday 14th December – Reception, year 1 and 2 Nativity dress rehearsal – 9.15am (parents with siblings/children welcome). Entrance will be ticket only.
- Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th December – Reception, year 1 and 2 Nativity – 9.15am, no siblings or children – crèche provided.
- Friday 21st December – Good news certificate assembly, 9am – all parents welcome
We hope your enjoying seeing your child’s observations through the tapestry app. We would like you to add any wow moments onto your child’s tapestry account instead of using the paper wow vouchers. If you are having any difficulties logging on, please speak to your class teacher or Mrs McKerrow.
- This half term we will be learning about different seasons and festivals through special deliveries from the Jolly postman.
- The Jolly postman will write to the children each week and give them a set of questions that he needs answering around a certain season or festival.
- Our first delivery will focus on bonfire night, we will look at why we celebrate it and how we celebrate it. We will also focus on how to be safe as well.
- Then we will be learning about our heroes and looking at remembrance day through making poppies.
- Our next theme will be learning about Autumn and the changes that happen. We will also look at what animals do in Autumn.
- The Jolly postman will then ask the children to learn about Diwali and what it is and who celebrates it. We will also look at the story behind it.
- Our final delivery in November will lead us to look at winter. We will look at the changes in winter, carry out some ice experiments and look at how animals cope in winter.
- The Jolly postman will then share his Christmas story with us and ask us to learn about the different Christmas traditions that people celebrate around the world and we will look at the Christmas story.
- The following week we will look at the decoration side of Christmas and the children will enjoy a range of Christmas craft experiences. We will learn about the magical side of Christmas by looking at the North pole and learning about Santa’s preparations.