Welcome to Reception!
Wren Class: Mrs McKerrow (Monday, Tuesday, Friday), Miss Stockwell (Wednesday, Thursday) and Mrs Kehn-Alafun
Robin Class: Miss Stacey and Mrs Lowe
Our topic this term is:
Out at Sea
- Week commencing: Monday 11th February 2019 – Arts week
Checklist for parents:
- Please remember to name all items including school uniform, lunchboxes, P.E/forest school kit, coats etc.
- Please bring in your child’s book bag with their book or reading strips, their reading record and sound keyrings in every day. We do aim to try and read with your child once a week.
- Wellies and P.E. kits should be in school.
- Children will be carrying out their learning indoors and outdoors so please ensure they have their coats in school.
- P.E. will take place every Thursday this half term for Wren class so please ensure you have your P.E. kits in school.
- Forest school will take place every Thursday this half term for Robin class so please ensure you have your wellies, hats, scarves and coats in school. We will provide waterproof trousers and a waterproof coat over the top of your child’s normal coat.
In Reception we value your contribution to your child’s learning. If you have something WOW you would like to share with us, then please fill in a WOW voucher to share with the class and so we can add them to your child’s learning journey. If you would like to bring in photos or any other achievements e.g. a medal for football, then please do so we can celebrate this with your child.
Important dates this term
- Half term 18th February – Friday 22nd February
- Monday 25th February – INSET day
- School starts back on Tuesday 26th February
- This half term we will be learning about life at sea. We will go on a journey into the sea and explore what we can see and find. The children will also explore what happens when out at sea when travelling on a ship (pirates).
- The children will explore items that have been left in our classroom e.g. a message in a bottle, they will explore where this has come from.